Matthew M. "Matt" Bragg, also known as AxialMatt, is a Rooster Teeth employee and a staff crew member of Achievement Hunter, who gained popularity by making videos for Community Hunter. He was officially hired on July 6, 2014 at Achievement Hunter's RTX Panel at the third day of RTX 2014 alongside Jeremy Dooley as an editor, content creator and recurring secondary host. Matt still serves as a content creator, editor, recurring host and Minecraft Builder at Achievement Hunter, mostly editing AH videos and LetsPlays as well as starring in several of them. Occasionally, he shows up in some other Rooster Teeth videos and content (such as Rooster Teeth Animated Adventures, On The Spot, Off Topic Podcast, RT Podcasts, etc) from time to time
In addition to his Achievement Hunter videos and series, he's known for creating maps used in episodes of Let's Play Minecraft.
Bragg was born in Aiken, South Carolina, in 1990.
While growing up in Aiken, South Carolina and before coming to Achievement Hunter and Rooster Teeth, Matt's first job was that he was working part time at his family's heating and air conditioning business store back in South Carolina when he was 14 to 15 years old and he didn't really like being outside in the summer, which really sucked for him. He also had worked at a small PC repair business.
In 2008, he graduated from South Aiken High School at the age of 18. After graduating, he started school at Aiken Technical College, studying for 2 years until graduating in 2010.
When asked how did he think of Axial and how, where and when did his nickname originate from and why he used it, Matt has claimed that the word "Axial" was, to be honest, it was honestly just something really dumb that he randomly thought up of while in high school. Later he found out and learned that it was and had something that was meant to do with electricity and electric circuitry/circuit boards. He just stuck it to his nickname and he has been using it ever since.
Before fame and his Achievement Hunter hiring, he first gained popularity for his series of videos he titled and created called MegaCraft, which was one of the most popular of Community Hunter until the series' move to the main Rooster Teeth and Achievement hunter YouTube channel. He's also grown incredibly popular on social media, clocking in at more than 40,000 followers on his Twitter account @Axialmatt alone. He is also notable for being the creator of various maps used in some early episodes of Let's Play Minecraft, including Mineball, Grifball and Achievement Raceway. He has worked with fellow Achievement Hunter content creator and host Jeremy Dooley.
- In late 2015, got his head shaved on a livestream for charity.
- Besides Jeremy, he was also one of the people considered by Geoff to take over Ray's spot when he quit Achievement Hunter
- Creator and host of MegaCraft.
- In 2008, he graduated from South Aiken High School at the age of 18. After graduating, he started school at Aiken Technical College, studying for 2 years until graduating in 2010. In July 2014, he started working at Achievement Hunter where he works as a content creator, editor, recurring guest host and builder at Achievement Hunter.
- Resides in Austin, Texas. Originally from Aiken, South Carolina.
- Hired at RTX 2014 for the audience along with Jeremy Dooley.
- Has a pet cat but is not sure of it's breed. He adopted her from a barn. Her nickname is "AxialCat". Her real full formal name is Arya Kittycatmeowface Bragg.
- He rarely used his ask fm profile. He's stopped using ask fm nowadays because of the questions feature on the AH site, which he now focuses on posting updates and journal entries.
Image Gallery Edit
Current Shows (Full List)
|Theater Mode · Things To Do In · Versus|