- See also: Camp Camp Wiki
"Camp Camp tells the story of Max, a jaded ten year old, who finds himself stuck at a dysfunctional summer camp run by a shady business mogul who is looking to turn a profit any way he can. The cynical Max will have to survive annoyingly cheerful counselor David, the weird cast of campers, and bizarre surprises at every turn before he can escape for home."
"Three kids, Max, Neil and Nikki, spent the summer vacation at a dysfunctional campsite called 'Camp Campbell' which is currently in the hands the camp counselors, the overly cheerful David and the less optimistic Gwen."
Camp Camp (TV Series) is an ongoing American Rooster Teeth 2D Animated comedy cartoon TV Web series created by and from Rooster Teeth Productions' Jordan Cwierz and Miles Luna. Its first episode, "Escape from Camp Campbell", premiered June 10th, 2016 on the Rooster Teeth website as part of their Summer of Animation. It is about about the exploits of a group of children and their counselors during their stay at the horribly run-down Camp Campbell. It also primarily focuses on a young boy named Max who is forced to go to summer camp but makes two friends there who help him constantly torment their camp counselor, David. The show was first announced on April 1, 2016 alongside RWBY Chibi and the fourteenth season of Red vs. Blue. The animated series about a boy named Max and his experience at an unusual summer camp will premiere on June 10th as part of Rooster Teeth’s “Summer of Animation.”
The first season originally consisted of 10 episodes. 2 more episodes have been ordered for the first season for a total of 12, due to positive reception. Typical episode running time varies from eight to twelve minutes.
The first episode aired for sponsors on the 10th of June, 2016. There are also a couple of trailers, and a faux-advertising reel for the camp. A second season of Camp Camp was announced in February of 2017 alongside Day 5. The trailer premiered on May 25, 2015. The second season is premiered on June 9th 2017.
The series is created and written by Jordan Cwierz, Miles Luna, Kerry Shawcross, and Gray Haddock; it is directed by Jordan Cwierz. It stars Michael Jones as the voice of Max, Miles Luna as David, Elizabeth Maxwell as Nikki and Yuri Lowenthal as Neil.
Because this is another 2D animated web cartoon series also created by Rooster Teeth which includes a large number of the RT animation/production staff and crew who were previously involved with making, creating and animating X-Ray and Vav, it has essentially replaced X-Ray and Vav, which was cancelled and had ended after Ray recently expressed disinterest in reprising his main character for another third season. In addition to Ray stating that he would not reprise his role any longer (because he likes where season 2 has ended and doesn't want to do anymore, despite season 3's plot and once being a fan of voice acting), there was also the mention of how well season 2 had ended and the rest of the Rooster Teeth X-Ray and Vav animation/production/direction/creation staff dropping and abandoning work on the project, having shifted their focus onto other Rooster Teeth content, projects and shows such as Rooster Teeth's "Summer of Animation" being on their animation's main top priority list (RWBY Chilbi, Red vs Blue Season 14, Camp Camp and RWBY Volume 4).
History and creation Edit
On April 1, 2016, Rooster Teeth announced Camp Camp with a trailer that aired on their website and YouTube. The series premiered on June 10, 2016 as part of Rooster Teeth's Summer of Animation promotion. It focuses on a young boy named Max forced to go to summer camp while making two friends who help him constantly torment their camp counselor, David. It airs on Fridays for Rooster Teeth FIRST members and Saturdays for site members.
The show was created by Jordan Cwierz and Miles Luna. The first season was extended by two episodes due to positive reception, for a total of 12 episodes in its first season. Season 2 was announced January 23, 2017 for a June 9th, 2017 premiere. The trailer for Season 2 premiered on May 25, 2017. The second season premiered on June 9th, almost one year after Season 1 premiered, and will be much longer than the first season.
For Max, an unwilling resident of the camp, it seems far more like a prison than a summer camp, and the only thing that keeps him going is the idea of escape. He is quickly joined by two new kids, Neil (who thought he was going to science camp), and Nikki, a self-described "agent of chaos". They are supervised by David, the overly cheery head counselor who seems oblivious to the fact that the camp is a run-down craphole, and his far more cynical assistant Gwen. In short: Three kids, Max, Neil and Nikki, spent the summer vacation at a dysfunctional campsite called 'Camp Campbell' which is currently in the hands the camp counselors, the overly cheerful David and the less optimistic Gwen.
Camp Camp depicts the childhood story about a little, young adolescent preteen boy named Max, (voiced by Michael Jones). He is a jaded ten year old kid who tries to secretly plan an escape after he finds himself shoehorned at a dysfunctional summer camp that not only turns his summer vacation upside down but it is also run and managed by a shady and corrupted business tycoon, who is secretly and deviously looking to turn a profit into any way he can. Max is cynical. He must survive the horrors of his annoyingly cheerful summer camp counselor David (voiced by Miles Luna), the weird cast of campers (Elizabeth Maxwell, Yuri Lowenthal, etc) and bizarre surprises at each and every turn before he can finally roam greener pastures and escape for his home.
Cast and characters Edit
Main Cast and Characters Edit
- Max (14 episodes, 2016-present) - Max is a young boy with a strong distrust of Camp Campbell's head counselor David. It is apparent that he was sent to the camp against his will as he attempts time after time to escape the camp. He is voiced by Michael Jones (IMDb). A cynical, trouble making kid who sees through the facade of Camp Campbell and is dedicated to torturing his counselors.
- Nikki (14 episodes, 2016-present) - Nikki is a very courageous and wild girl in every sense of the term. Nikki was once a member of the Flower Scouts, a prim and proper camp that, like Camp Campbell, rests on Lake Lilac. She is a member of Camp Campbell's Adventure Camp and she is voiced by Elizabeth Maxwell. (IMDb). A new arrival at Camp Campbell who went under the impression that she was attending an adventure camp. A self-described "agent of chaos" who, unlike her male counterparts, seems to enjoy her time at camp.
- Neil (14 episodes, 2016-present) - Neil is more-than-likely the smartest camper at Camp Campbell. He has a deep-seated love of science and is the sole member of Camp Campbell's Science Camp. Unlike Nikki, he is shown to blend in well with the Flower Scouts. He is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal (IMDb). A new arrival at Camp Campbell who went under the impression that it was a science camp. Timid on the surface, but occasionally displays a dismissive and vulgar side.
- David (14 episodes, 2016-present) - As a child, David worshipped Cameron Campbell and would travel to Camp Campbell every summer. Now, as an adult, he made it his mission to help the campers of Camp Campbell have as much fun as he did when he attended camp. He is voiced by Miles Luna (IMDb). An overly enthusiastic counselor who attended Camp Campbell as a child and seems to be ignorant of both the poor state of the camp and the misery of the campers.
- Gwen (12 episodes, 2016-present) - While David is upbeat and optimistic, Gwen is the complete opposite. Gwen is quick to be angered, and her attitude expresses that she would rather be anywhere other than Camp Campbell. She is voiced by Lee Eddy. (IMDb)
- Cameron Campbell (4 episodes, 2016-present) - Cameron Campbell is the founder of Cameron Campbell's Camp Campbell Summer Camp. He was once famous and appeared on a television show. Over time, he has mostly abandoned his camp, using it as a refuge as he avoids government officials. He is voiced by Travis Willingham. (IMDb)
- Quartermaster (9 episodes, 2016)- The Quartermaster takes over many of the jobs at Camp Campbell: serving up "food", forcing the kids to clean, driving the bus to and from camp to pick up campers, etc. He has a hook for a hand, and his volume of speech rarely increases over a grumble. He is voiced by Shannon McCormick. (IMDb)
Camp Campbell Campers Edit
- Blaine Gibson (IMDb) as Nurf (7 episodes, 2016-present). A big lug of a guy.
- Barbara Dunkelman (IMDb) as Nerris (7 episodes, 2016-present). The other Magic kid.
- Lindsay Jones (IMDb) as Space Kid (11 episodes, 2016-present). An unusual child who is constantly wearing a space suit.
- Josh Ornelas (IMDb) as Sheriff
- Jen Brown (IMDb) as Ered(A.K.A Meredith, 6 episodes, 2016-present)) A tall skateboarder girl.
- James Willems (IMDb) as Dolph (10 episodes, 2016-present). An artistic boy who has some worrying similarities to a certain historical figure: Adolf Hitler..
- Yotam Perel (IMDb) as Harrison (8 episodes, 2016 - present). The Magic kid.
Additional voices Edit
- Maggie Tominey as Larry the Hamster
- Jordan Cwierz, Alena Lecorchick and Miles Luna as Platypus
- Cole Gallian as The Squirrels
- Dante Basco as Billy "Snake" Nikssilp
- Samantha Ireland as Sasha/Tabii/Erin
- Kirk Johnson as Edward Pikeman
- Georden Whitman as Preston
- Tyler Coe as Announcer
- Mariel Salcedo as Teen Mom
- Griffin McElroy as Jasper
- Carla Nickerson as Bonquisha
- Jeremy Dooley as Agent #1
- Patrick Rodriguez as Agent #2
- Kendra Ziegler as Angry Camper
- Shannon McCormick as Almanac
- Stan Lewis as Barkeep
- Connor Pickens as Lester
- Kyle Taylor as Customer Fred
- Sean Baird as Bouncer
- Miles Luna as Rob Boss
Main article: List of Camp Camp ending themes
Episode soundtracks are composed by Benjamin Zecker. Ending themes typically consist of rap music from various artists, including Jeremy Dooley, Flynt Flossy, Richie Branson, and Watsky.
- "Camp Camp Theme Song Song" by Miles Luna (Opening Theme, Episode 2 onwards)
- "The Camp Camp Rap Rap" by Jeremy Dooley (Episode 1 credits, Teaser Trailer)
- "Naughty Farmer" by Flynt Flossy ft. Yung Humma (Episode 2 credits)
- "Getaway" by Richie Branson (Episode 3 credits)
- "Taste You Like Yogurt" by Whatchya ft. Flula Borg and Flynt Flossy (Episode 4 credits)
- "Talkin' That Shit" by Lamar Hall & Jeff Williams (Episode 5 credits)
- "Rain Rain" by Richie Branson and Solar Slim (Episode 6 credits)
- "Adventurer Inside" by Jeremy Dooley and Benjamin Zecker (Episode 7 Credits)
- "Tropicana In My Pocket" by Flynt Flossy and Erk Tha Jerk (Episode 8 Credits)
- "Tiny Glowing Screens Pt.3" by Watsky (Episode 9 Credits)
- "Freedom (Or Die Trying)" by Black Science ft. Adrienne Cowan (Episode 10 Credits)
- "Going Down" by Watsky (Episode 11 Credits)
- "Keeper Of The Flame" by Richie Branson & Solar Slim (Episode 12 Credits)
Camp is in Session this Summer.
Animation | Adventure | Comedy
Season One/1 (12 episodes)Edit
|0||Camp Campbell Wants YOU!||Hey kids! Do you want to have FUN this summer?! Then you gotta come on down to Camp Campbell! We've got everything you could ever want in a summer camp, and some stuff you didn't even think you wanted (but still have to do)!
Hey parents! Do you have the money spend in order to buy some peace and quiet for a month or so?! Then Camp Campbell will happily take your kids off your hands so you can escape to Cancun or just have a clean house for longer than an afternoon! CALL TODAY!!
|June 9, 2016||3:15||0|
|1||Escape from Camp Campbell||Max tries to take advantage of the bus dropping off new campers to Camp Campbell to mount an escape. Newcomers Nikki and Neil ask some important questions, and David tries to sing a song.
Episode written by Jordan Cwierz and Miles Luna.
|2||Mascot||David takes the campers on a search for a new camp mascot. Max spends some quality time with the Quartermaster. Nikki and Neil encounter a dangerous wild animal.
Episode written by Kerry Shawcross.
|3||Scout's Dishonor||Max, Neil, and Nikki's latest attempt to escape Camp Campbell goes awry. Nikki returns to a terrible place. Neil adapts to a better way of life. Max is held prisoner.
Episode written by Miles Luna.
|4||Camp Cool Kidz||The kids take control of Camp Campbell in a revolution led by Max. Nikki tries to impress Ered. Max and Neil must fight for their right to party. Campbell pays the camp a visit.
Episode written by Jordan Cwierz.
|5||Journey to Spooky Island||After a suspicous Quartermaster warns them not to, Max, Neil, and Nikki venture out to the mysterious Spooky Island to hunt for ghosts, but the kids get more than they bargained for.
Episode written by Gray Haddock.
Camp Campbell is visited by the Camp Critic Committee, and David is ready to impress them and win the prestigious (to him) Counselor of the Year Award. But when rain hits and all the campers are forced to stay in the mess hall, David must make new plans. Meanwhile, Nikki and Max search for Neil, who has gone missing.
Episode written by Kerry Shawcross.
|7||Romeo & Juliet II: Love Resurrected||
Preston makes the kids put on a play. Max steals David's phone. The Flower Scouts stalk Neil, and David meets someone new.
Episode written by Jordan Cwierz
|8||Into Town||David goes into town to blow off some steam, and the kids follow him to see what makes him tick. Neil gets a job. Max fears for his life when he sees David outside of camp.
Episode written by Gray Haddock
|9||David Gets Hard||David enlists the help of Gwen and Max to toughen himself up for Nurf's behavioral correction camp. Will Nurf's deep-rooted issues prove to be too much for him?
Episode written by Miles Luna
|10||Mind Freakers||Harrison does a magic trick that Neil can't figure out. Desperately, Neil begins to do whatever it takes to find an answer.
Episode written by Jordan Cweirz
|11||Camporee||The Campbell Campers are forced to compete in the Lake Lilac Camporee against their rival camps, The Wood Scouts and Flower Scouts. Pikeman makes a bet with Campbell. David tries to get the kids to work together.
Episode written by Miles Luna
|12||The Order of the Sparrow||In an attempt to get the kids in the camp spirit, David initiates them into a dated ritual called The Order of the Sparrow. When he promises the kids will get a prize, they jump at the opportunity to join. But what if the prize sucks?||
Season Two/2 Edit
Season 2 premiered June 9th, 2017 on Rooster Teeth's premium FIRST platform and VRV. New episodes release every Friday at 8:30am CDT on Rooster Teeth FIRST and VRV; the previous week's episode releases to the general public on Rooster Teeth and YouTube at the aforementioned time slot.
|Episode No.||Episode Name||Description||Writer(s)||Duration||Release Date|
|1||"Cult Camp"||Gwen puts out an ad looking for a new camp counselor, but is not happy with the results. Max suspects there is something off about the new hire.||Miles Luna||13:43||June 9, 2017 *(FIRST)
Jun 16, 2017 (RT & YouTube)
|2||"Anti-Social Network"||Desperate to get some alone time with his computer, Neil makes a chatbot to distract the other campers. Things seems to be going smoothly until Nikki gets a little too attached...||Gray haddock||13:32||June 16, 2017 * (FIRST)
Jun 23, 2017 (RT & YouTube)
|Series||1-800-Magic • A Simple Walk Into Mordor • Camp Camp • Captain Dynamic • Happy Hour • Immersion • Let's Play Minimations • Million Dollars, But... • Nature Town • On The Spot • PANICS • Red vs. Blue • RT Animated Adventures • RT Life • RT Shorts • RWBY • Social Disorder • Supreme Surrender • Ten Little Roosters • The Gauntlet • The Strangerhood • X-Ray and Vav|
|Company Staff||Burnie Burns • Brandon Farmahini • Joel Heyman • Matt Hullum • Ben King • Monty Oum • Jack Pattillo • Geoff Ramsey • Jason Saldaña • Gustavo Sorola • Nathan Zellner|
|Additional Voice Actors||Yomary Cruz • Dan Godwin • Paul Marino • Kathleen Zuelch|
|Miscellaneous||Achievement Hunter • Funhaus • Game Kids • Grifball • RT Comics • The Know • The Slow Mo Guys|
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found