Blaine Gibson (born May 14, 1990) is an American on-camera host, content producer, actor, director, and screenwriter at Rooster Teeth. He predominantly works in the Live Action department of the company (alongside CHris Demarais and Josh Flanagan) also works as the audio mixer on the Rooster Teeth Podcast. He has hosted, produced, filmed, acted and starred in Million Dollars, But..., and also starred in The Know, RT Life, RT Shorts and the RT Recap. Blaine also made an appearance in the music video for 'Odds Are' by the Barenaked Ladies.
His RT.com profile is bgibbles.
Pre-Rooster Teeth: 2008-2012 Edit
Blaine grew up in Texas after originally being born in Oklahoma. For his Education, Blaine attended Collin County Community College (after graduating from high school in Oklahoma back in 2008) for 2 years, attending in 2010 until graduating in 2012, earning a degree in Associate of Arts (A.A.), Art/Art Studies, General. Blaine acquired core curriculum and worked at various jobs to prepare financially to transfer to the University of Texas at Austin.
In 2012, Blaine attended The University of Texas at Austin where he focused on film production and film-making. He experienced directing, editing and filming in undergraduate student films. (Activities and Societies: Texas Student Television, or TSTV). Blaine graduated on May 17, 2014 with a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Radio-Television-Film, Senior.
Samsonite: 2008-2011 Edit
Blaine's first job was a Supervisor at Samsonite for 2 years and 7 months (from December 2008 until June of 2011) based in Allen, Texas. There, he supervised, managed and trained new employees. Performed sales and management duties.
DL & Associates: 2011-2013 Edit
Blaine's next job was a Patent Analyst at DL and Associates (based in Fallas/Fort Worth area of Texas) for 2 years and 3 months from June of 2011 until August of 2013. There, he examined patents and created over 100 presentations based upon research, and presented findings to potential investors, advising them on the purchase of intellectual property rights.
Study Breaks Magazine: 2013 Edit
Afterwards, Blaine served as an Augmented Reality Content Producer at Study Breaks Magazine for 4 months (from May to August of 2013), based in Austin, Texas. There, he conceptualized and filmed videos for the publication's website and augmented reality mobile application.
Texas Student Television: 2012-2013 Edit
Blaine's final job before leaving Rooster Teeth was a Producer at TSTV while he was still in college/university for 1 year and 5 months (from August 2012 until December of 2013). There, he served as a Producer for Longhorn LateNight, Acted as floor manager and editor for the University of Texas' student-run FCC licensed television station.
Rooster Teeth and Live Action productions: 2013-present Edit
Before being employed by Rooster Teeth, he was a former fan and intern for the company.
Blaine volunteered at RTX 2013 in July of 2013 as a Guardian and was given the job of Barbara's personal assistant.
Blaine was studying Film, Radio and Television at University of Texas: Austin when he applied for and was given an internship at Rooster Teeth. Following his internship, Blaine was officially hired at Rooster Teeth in December of 2013.
For charity, Blaine had his chest hair waxed once the team managed to hit 50k mark.
Blaine graduated from University of Texas on May 17, 2014. During the Operation Supply Drop Live Stream, it was mentioned that when someone gets the "Cast and Crew" tag on the website, they gain the power to change their username. People asked if Blaine would change his, but he kept it as bgibbles because he likes it.
Blaine attended his first PAX on January 25, 2015.
- Amazon Delivery Drone vs. Rooster Teeth Catapult (RT Short) - Himself
- Various episodes (RT Life) - Himself
- Game Time: Burnie and Blaine play FTL - Himself
- RT Recap - Himself
- Camp Camp - Nurf
- For his first few months at the company before being officially hired he was known by the community as "The Hot Intern."
- Blaine gained media attention on July 20, 2014, and the weeks after, following a selection of tweets which showed him proposing to several Disney Princesses (and one Prince) at Disney World, Orlando.
- In June of 2012 during a trip to Sydney, Australia, Blaine fell asleep on the airplane in first class. They landed around 9 pm and all of the passengers, including flight crew, got off the plane except for Blaine. He slept on the airplane at the airport the entire night through until waking up some time in the morning to a completely empty aircraft. Unsure as to what to do, Blaine called Sydney police to let him out of the airplane as it was no longer connected to a jet bridge. Upon arriving, the police mistook him for a hijacker and took him into custody. He was eventually able to convince them of who he was and what had happened before they finally released him. Sydney Airport crew now check the flights every time before getting off in case of sleeping passengers.
- Blaine also received media attention on February 3, 2015, after being stood up on a date and successively tweeting his charades around Austin whilst "dating" all his followers.
- He graduated from college on May 17, 2014 and was retweeted by Dwayne Johnson.
- Eleven Little Roosters was Blaine's first experience co-directing.
- He is left handed 
- He earned a degree in radio-television-film from The University of Texas at Austin.
- He grew up in Texas after being born in Oklahoma.
- Before being employed by Rooster Teeth, he was a former fan and intern for the company.
- Since 2015, Blaine has been dating Alanah Pearce, formerly of IGN who's now with Funhaus.
- ↑ Achievement Hunter tweet regarding Blaine's waxing
- ↑ Blaine's original tweet to Dwayne Johnson
- ↑ Dwayne Johnson's retweet of Blaine's graduation photo
- ↑ Blaine's tweet on The Know's episode, with Meg Turney
- ↑ EOnline! article on Blaine's proposals at Disneyland
- ↑ The Chive's online article about Blaine's night out after being stood up
- ↑ Hour 9 of Extra Life 2016